The below article outlines how a provider can issue a discount on an active payment plan so that HFD knows to make the appropriate financial adjustments.
Only account administers can access this feature
Adding a Discount
- From the menu in the Provider Portal hover over Payment Plans and select Applications
- In the upper right-hand corner, just above the notes window, select Actions>View Adjustments
- A flyout will appear
- Under the Type dropdown, select Discount
- Next, enter the amount of the discount
- Select, Request
- A note will appear in the patient's timeline with the status of the request
Please note: Discount requests may take up to 48 hours to be visible in the patient's account. A note will be added to the timeline once complete.